TechSmith Knowmia (Relay): Download Captions and Make a Transcript
This document provides an overview of how to download the captions from a video in TechSmith Knowmia (formerly Relay).
Video owners must generate captions in TechSmith Knowmia before being able to download them. Click the + to view the article to complete these steps if you have already not generated and edited captions.
- TECHSMITH KNOWMIA: ADD & EDIT CAPTIONING (ALL USERS)
To download captions:
- Click on the video.
- Click the Accessibility option.
- In the Actions section, click the pencil icon.
- In the upper right corner, click the Export button.
- The Export Captions box will appear in the center of the screen. Ensure the SubRip (.srt) file type is selected and then click Export.
- The file will download to your computer.
Make a Transcript
- Open the SRT file that was exported and downloaded from Knowmia. If this is the first time opening an SRT, you will most likely need to select the program in which it will open. On a PC, use Notepad or Microsoft Word. On a Mac, use Microsoft Word.
- Copy the text by selecting all of the words. Hit CTRL + C (PC) or CMD + C (Mac).
- Open TranscriptTemplate.docx in Microsoft Word.
- Select the text in the document.
- Paste the copied words from the SRT file. Hit CTRL + V (PC) or CMD + V (Mac). The words will fill into 2 columns.
- Delete any extra spaces at the end or beginning of the document.
- Fill in the video's name in the blue title text.
Tip: Attach the transcript next to the video if the video is in Blackboard. Click the Browse Local Files button.