Zoom: Meeting Security Options (Faculty & Students)
This document describes the Zoom security options. Zoom desktop client updates are available on a regular basis. These updates include important security updates and new features. To make sure you have the most current version of the Zoom desktop client, check for updates.
- A random passcode will be generated.
- Waiting Room
- Participants will be held in a waiting room until you let them in. They can be let in one at a time, or all at once.
- Only authenticated users can join
- Sign in to SIUE Zoom Account
- This option requires participants to be signed into their SIUE Zoom account to join the meeting.
- Sign in to Zoom
- This option requires participants to be signed into a Zoom account to join the meeting. It does not have to be a SIUE Zoom account. Use this authentication option when inviting non-SIUE guests to your meetings.