Zoom: Meeting Security Options (Faculty & Students)
This document describes the Zoom security options. Zoom desktop client updates are available on a regular basis. These updates include important security updates and new features. To make sure you have the most current version of the Zoom desktop client, check for updates.
As of January 11, 2021, all Zoom meetings must be secured with at least one of the following security options:
- A random passcode will be generated.
- Waiting Room
- Participants will be held in a waiting room until you let them in. They can be let in one at a time, or all at once.
- Only authenticated users can join
- Sign in to SIUE Zoom Account
- This option requires participants to be signed into their SIUE Zoom account to join the meeting.
- Sign in to Zoom
- This option requires participants to be signed into a Zoom account to join the meeting. It does not have to be a SIUE Zoom account. Use this authentication option when inviting non-SIUE guests to your meetings.
If you do not select one of the security options, you will receive the following error when trying to save your meeting.
***If no security option was selected for meetings that were scheduled prior to 1/11/2021, Zoom will automatically add a Waiting Room to that meeting.