e-ID - Activating your e-ID
Signing up for your SIUE e-ID is a simple process that can be completed online in just a few easy steps. Your e-ID is your personal identification at Southern Illinois University Edwardsville (SIUE) and is required for accessing many of the university's online services, including email, Blackboard, and online course registration.
Activating Your e-ID
- Go to the e-ID Creation and Maintenance page.
- Select "I want to get an e-ID."
- Fill in all the required information, including your 800# (ensure you enter all 9 digits) and select "Continue." If you encounter errors, check your entry or try without your middle initial.
- The next page explains the account verification step. Your account will be active and ready to use today, but it is important that you follow the steps in the email to verify your identity within 60 days. Failure to do so will result in your account being locked. Once you have clicked the button next to "email address," click "Continue" to proceed.
- Create a secret phrase and a clue that can be used if you forget your password and want to change it online. Click "Continue."
- Read through the User Agreement page, select "Agree," and click "Continue."
- On the last page, you will receive your e-ID and a new password for your account. Be sure to take note of your e-ID and password. Any SIUE account that uses your e-ID or email address as your username will use the same password as the one you received on the last page. For example, your email address would be "email@example.com," and your e-ID would be "ecougar."
If you need further assistance, you can stop by the ITS Help Desk or call 618-650-5500. Quick links to all logins can be found on the SIUE home page at the bottom right. If you are on a mobile device, click the three bars on the top right and scroll to the bottom.