e-ID - Changing your e-ID password
Your e-ID password is a crucial element in ensuring the security of your personal information. For this reason, it's important to change your password every 365 days. If you need to change your password, here are the steps you should follow:
If you know your current password:
- Go to the e-ID Maintenance page and select the option that says "I know what my password is, and I want to change it." Then, click Continue.
- Enter your e-ID, making sure to enter all letters in lowercase.
- Enter your current password.
- Enter a new password in the remaining two fields. (it must follow these Rules for passwords)
- Click Continue.
- You will then see your current secret phrase and clue. If no changes need to be made, click Continue.
- Your new password has now been updated. Please note that if your previous password had expired, you may need to wait 45 minutes before you can access your accounts again.
It's important to follow these rules when creating a new password to ensure that your e-ID remains secure. Additionally, you should never share your password with anyone, and avoid using the same password across multiple accounts. By taking these precautions, you can help protect your personal information and maintain the security of your e-ID.
If you know your secret phrase:
If you've forgotten your e-ID password, don't worry – you can use your secret phrase to generate a new one. Here's what you need to do:
- Go to the e-ID Maintenance page and select the option that says "I have an e-ID but I forgot my password."
- Click Continue.
- Enter the information requested, including your e-ID (make sure to enter all letters in lowercase). Click Continue.
- The next page will display a clue to your secret phrase. Enter your secret phrase (remember that it's case and punctuation sensitive). You have five attempts to enter your secret phrase in a 24-hour period.
- Click Continue.
- If you entered your secret phrase correctly, the system will generate a new password for you.
Please note that if your previous password had expired, you may need to wait 45 minutes before you can access your accounts again.
It's important to keep your secret phrase in a safe place and to remember it, as it's an important security measure for accessing your e-ID account.
If you do not know your current password or secret phrase:
If you have forgotten both your e-ID password and secret phrase, don't worry. There are several options available to reset your password and regain access to your account.
- Visit the ITS Help Desk on Campus
You can visit the Help Desk on campus, located in the basement of Lovejoy Library, Room 0005. Bring a government-issued ID card such as a driver's license, passport, military ID, or SIUE ID card with you to the Help Desk and we will print a new password for you. Our office hours will always be listed here.
- Call the ITS Help Desk
Alternatively, you can call the ITS Help Desk at 618-650-5500. A representative will ask you a series of questions to verify your identity. Once verified, they will reset your account, allowing you to re-activate your e-ID. You will not lose any data, and you will receive the same e-ID once you complete the re-activation process. For help re-activating your e-ID, see https://kb.siue.edu/124896.
- Email for a Zoom Reset
If you prefer, you can also email email@example.com to request a Zoom reset. The ITS Help Desk will arrange a Zoom call with you during their business hours. You will need to provide a time when you can be reached for the call.
In all cases, please ensure that your contact information is up to date. You can update your addresses and phone numbers by logging into your CougarNet account. You can also update your information using the Address Change form in the Forms section of the Registrar's website.
Remember, keeping your password and secret phrase safe and secure is important. But if you do forget them, don't hesitate to reach out for assistance.