Set up a OneDrive file or folder for collaboration or sharing (Faculty & Students)
This document provides an overview of how to set up a OneDrive file or folder where multiple people can collaborate.
- Log into your OneDrive account at office365.siue.edu.
- Click the Apps button in the upper left-hand corner of the screen.
- Click OneDrive.
- If necessary, create a new folder or file by clicking the New button near the top of the screen.
- Place a check mark in front of the file or folder you want to share.
- Click the Share button near the top of the screen.
- Notice the default sharing permissions are set to "view". You need to change this setting to "edit" to set up a collaborative space or if you want people to make changes to your material.
- Click the box where it says, "People in Southern Illinois University Edwardsville with the link can view"
- In the next window, check the box next to Allow editing.
- Click Apply.
Sharing Option 1: Get a Link
- With the Edit permissions set, click Copy in the Share window.
- The link will generate. Click Copy.
- Paste the hyperlink into an email/Blackboard announcement/etc. to share with invitees.
Sharing Option 2: Send an Invitation and Personal Message
- With the Edit permissions set, type in the email address(es) of the invitee(s). Type in an optional message.
- Click Send.
- Once you share the file or folder, your invitees will have the ability to view and make edits to them. You will see collaborators in the document as they are editing.
- To share with external users (without an siue.edu address), you can manually enter their email address after changing the default sharing options to Specific people.