OneDrive (All Users) - Set up a OneDrive file or folder for collaboration or sharing
This document provides an overview of to set up a OneDrive file or folder multiple collaborate.
- Log into OneDrive account at office365.siue.edu.
- Click the Apps button in the upper left-hand corner of the screen.
- Click OneDrive.
- If necessary, create a folder or file by clicking the New button at the top of the screen.
- Place a checkmark in front of the file or folder to share.
- Click the Share button at the top of the screen.
- Notice the default sharing permissions are set to "view" for specific people. "View" must be changed to "edit" in order for others to collaborate in the folder.
- Click the box it says, "People you specify can view".
- In the next window, click the radio button next to People in Southern Ill...Edwardsville.
- Click the More Settings area and change to Can Edit.
- Click Apply.
Sharing Option 1: a Link
- With the Edit permissions set, click Copy in the Share window.
- The link generates. Click Copy.
- Paste the hyperlink into a Blackboard announcement, email, etc. to share invitees.
Sharing Option 2: an Invitation and Personal Message
- In the Share window, type the address(es) of the invitee(s). Type an optional message.
- Click Send.
- Once share the file or folder, invitees have the ability to view and edit them. Collaborators the document as are editing.
- To share external users (without an siue.edu address), manually enter the address after changing the default sharing options to People you choose.