Blackboard (Faculty) - Course Cartridge: About Course Cartridges
This document provides an overview of course cartridges.
A course cartridge is software provided from a textbook publisher that can be uploaded into a Blackboard course shell. Course cartridges can contain PowerPoint files, videos, images, tests, and other course materials as well as full units/modules that correspond to the textbook chapters. Faculty have the ability to pick and choose what materials to use within their course shell.
- Contact your publisher or textbook representative and ask for a Cartridge Key for your textbook edition.
- Go to: https://jfe.qualtrics.com/form/SV_4VhVVCqPHB73CXX and fill out the form.
- The Blackboard Administrator will load your course cartridge and contact you when that is complete.
- Any questions can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 618-650-5500. Make sure to include your course and section number in your correspondence.
- Course cartridges cannot be exported from one course shell to another. A new key must be requested for each course for each semester.