Blackboard (Faculty) - Known Issue: Some Course Content is Blocked in Firefox and Chrome
This document provides an overview of and workaround for an issue where content is not displayed in Blackboard.
Recent versions of the Firefox and Chrome browsers have been designed to automatically block web pages that contain both secure (https) and non-secure (http) content. ITS has seen instances where this automatic blocking has resulted in the inability to access some content in Blackboard courses, generally embedded media associated with publisher content, but sometimes embedded videos or other activities pulled in from a resource outside of Blackboard. Look to the following workarounds to resolve the issue:
- Use a different browser, such as Microsoft Edge (PC) or Safari (Mac); Or
- If you use Firefox or Chrome, you can allow un-secure content to display by following these steps:
- Click the lock icon located at the top of the screen in the address bar.
- Click the arrow on the control center.
- Click "disable protection for now."
- To the right of the address bar, click the Content blocked icon.
- In the alert, click Load full site.
- The page will load.
Please contact ITS at email@example.com or 618-650-5500 if you need additional assistance with this issue.