Blackboard (Faculty & Students) - Notifications: Disable Course and Organization Notifications
This document provides an overview of disabling notifications in Blackboard.
If you no longer want to receive notifications from a Blackboard course or organization, such as announcements about new content being added or assignments due, you can adjust the notification settings. Note that the steps below only turn on/off notifications in the Global Notifications area. It does not affect the announcements on the myBlackboard/myCourses tab. Follow these instructions to customize the myBlackboard/myCourses tab.
To do this, login to Blackboard and follow the steps below.
- Click on your name at the top right corner of the screen (next to the logout button).
- Click on the alarm clock/updates icon.
- Choose the course(s) or organization(s) from which you no longer want to receive notifications.
- Click on the settings icon.
- Remove the check mark(s) next to notifications you no longer want to receive (you can choose to “Unselect All” to opt out of all notifications, or just unselect specific notifications from the list).
- Click the Save button at the bottom of the menu.
*Be careful when turning off notifications for courses; make sure you are not going to miss important academic due dates or announcements. Always go into the Blackboard course to see announcements, updates, and due date.