Zoom: Polling (Faculty)
In scheduled meetings and webinars, you can add Polls to ask attendees questions pertaining to the discussion. The polling feature allows you to create multiple choice polling questions for your meetings. You will be able to launch the poll during your meeting and gather the responses from your attendees. Zoom updates it's software on a regular basis with important security items as well as updates to features. To make sure you have the most current version, check for updates.
- Host must have a Pro account
- The meeting must be a scheduled meeting, instant meetings do not have polling capability
Note: You can have 25 polls added per scheduled meeting.
How to enable polling:
- Log in to your Zoom Profile and go to your profile settings. Go to the In Meeting (Basic) settings, click edit, and enable polling.
- Go to your My Meetings tab. You will be able to see the list of your scheduled meetings here.
- Either schedule a new meeting or choose an existing meeting. Once the meeting is scheduled you will have an option to enable polling
- On the meeting management page, scroll down to Poll and click Add.
- Enter a title for the Poll and click "Add a Question".
- Enter the question and any possible answers.
- Repeat steps 4 and 5 to add multiple questions.
- Once complete, click Save.
- To add another Poll, repeat steps 3-7.
How to launch a poll:
- Start the scheduled Zoom meeting that has polling enabled.
- Select the Polling option in the menu bar.
- Select the poll you would like to launch.
- Click Launch Poll.
- The participants in the meeting will now be prompted to answer the polling questions. The host will be able to see the results live.
- Once you would like to stop the poll, click End Poll.
- If you would like to share the results to the participants in the meeting, click Share Results.
Participants will then see the results of the polling questions.