Blackboard (Students) - Assignments: Submit a Saved Draft
This document provides an overview of what to do when you return to a Blackboard Assignment to submit a saved draft.
Blackboard Assignments allow students to save a draft for submission later.* The screen you see upon opening a saved draft looks different than the screen you see when you first start an assignment. Follow the steps below to access and submit your saved draft. Note: As a best practice, it is recommended to compose your discussion posts in Microsoft Word or another word processor and copy and paste the response when you are ready to submit.
- Click the Assignment link in your course (ex: Writing Assignment link in Week 1 course folder)
- You will see a screen that shows your saved submission/new attempt. Click the Continue button on the right side of the screen.
- On the next screen, you should see any original attachments you had saved. You can attach a new document by clicking the Browse Local Files button. If you had submitted text in the Text Submission box rather than attaching a file, you can edit and submit this instead.
- Then click the Submit button to finalize your submission.
- You will see a purple confirmation ribbon at the top of the screen indicating your submission went through.