ProctorU (Students) - Using ProctorU for Online Exams
ProctorU is a proctoring service that can be used for online testing.
1. Visit the Proctor U Welcome Website
Here you will find information on:
- Creating a ProctorU account
- Scheduling an exam (at least 72 hours in advance)
- What you can expect during the exam
- System requirements
- Frequently asked questions
2. Schedule your Exam
You must schedule your exam at least 72 hours in advance. If your exam is scheduled with at least a 72-hour notice, SIUE will cover the exam fees. However, if you do not provide the required 72-hour notice when scheduling your exam, you will be responsible for the exam fees.
3. Check your equipment
4. Review the Pre-Exam Checklist
Before starting your exam session, make sure you can complete all of the steps on the pre-exam checklist.
5. The day of your ProctorU appointment
- Check your appointment time
- Find a private, quiet location to take your exam
- Have your ID ready (government-issued or institution-issued)
- If you have a built-in webcam, please bring a reflective surface (mirror, cell phone, etc.)
- When it's time, sign into your ProctorU account and connect with the proctor
6. Questions and Troubleshooting
You can contact the 24/7 ProctorU support at 1-855-772-8678.More information about ProctorU is available at www.ProctorU.com.