Blackboard (Faculty) - Grade Center: Delete Multiple columns
This document provides an overview of how to delete multiple columns in the Grade Center.
Delete Multiple Columns
- Go to the Full Grade Center.
- Click on the Manage drop-down menu and click Column Organization.
- Click the check box next to the columns that you want to delete. You will be able to delete columns that are hidden as well as columns that are visible.
- Click the Delete button at the top or at the bottom of the page. A window confirming the columns to be deleted will pop up. Confirm that these are the columns you want to delete. Once you delete a column, it CANNOT be restored. Any grades in that column will be lost. If the columns are correct, click Continue.
- You will again be warned "This action will permanently delete all student submissions, attempts, grades, and settings associated with these columns." If you are sure, click the Delete button.
- If you are finished with the Column Organization page, click the Submit button at the bottom of the page.
If the Columns Did Not Delete
There may be two reasons why a column does not delete
- If the column is still linked to an existing assessment.
If there is a test or assignment still deployed in your course, the column associated with that assessment cannot be deleted until the assessment is deleted. Go to the Content Area or folder containing the assessment and delete the individual assessment. This will also delete the column in the Grade Center. If there are grades involved with this assessment, you will be asked if you want to:
"Preserve scores in the Grade Center for this Assignment, but delete the assignment and all its submissions" or
"Delete this Assignment, the Grade Center item for this Assignment, all grades for this Assignment, and all submissions for this Assignment."
NOTE: Once you have deleted the scores, you will not be able to retrieve them.
- The assessment associated to this column was in a folder that was deleted.
This is a known issue in Blackboard. If you delete a folder containing assessments rather than deleting individual assessments, the deployed assessment will be deleted, but the column in the Grade Center will not be deleted. The column will not have a Delete option in the drop-down menu, nor will you be able to delete this from the Course Organization. Contact the Blackboard Admin at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.