Zoom: Cloud Recordings (Faculty)
This document describes how to record a meeting/lecture/presentation to the Zoom cloud. All cloud recording links are active for 60 days. After 60 days, the recording is deleted, and the links are invalid. Zoom updates it's software on a regular basis with important security items as well as updates to features. To make sure you have the most current version, check for updates.
NOTE: All Zoom Cloud recordings will automatically upload to your TechSmith Knowmia account. You do not have to upload it. Once it is successfully uploaded, you do not have to delete the Cloud recording. It will automatically delete in 60 days.
- Start Zoom and locate the menu at the bottom the window.
- If you want to record a PowerPoint presentation or actions on your computer, click the Share Screen button.
- This will bring up a new window asking to select a window or application to share. Select the one that represents what you want in the background on your recording. If you want the sound from your computer to be shared (ex: audio from a YouTube video), select Share computer sound. Click the blue Share Screen button.
(NOTE: The Zoom menu moves to the top of the screen when you click Share Screen.)
- To begin recording, click the More command and then click Record to the Cloud. A blinking red dot will appear near the Stop Share button indicating you are being recorded. Continue with the meeting or presentation.
- To end recording, click the More command and then click Stop Recording. (NOTE: If you have not shared your screen, the Stop Recording button will be at the bottom of the Zoom window.)
- To end recording, click the More command and then click End Meeting. (NOTE: If you have not shared your screen, the End Meeting button will be at the bottom of the Zoom window.)
- In the popup window, click the End Meeting for All button.
- A notification will appear in the upper right corner of your screen stating "You will get an email notification when the cloud recording is ready."
NOTE: Please allow up to 24 hours for your recording to process and arrive in your inbox. If you need your video to be available immediately, use the local recording option as an alternative.
When your recording is ready, a message will appear in your inbox with the subject line “Your Media is Ready”. Select View Media. This will take you to TechSmith Knowmia, where your video has been automatically uploaded.
- Find out more about Knowmia with this self-paced training course.