Zoom: Breakout Rooms (Students/Participants)
Breakout Rooms let you meet with a smaller group within a larger Zoom meeting. If you do not see breakout room options, be sure your version of Zoom is up to date.
Joining the Breakout Room:
- When your professor invites you to a Breakout room, a pop-up window will appear asking you to join.
- Click Join. (The invitation window will look slightly different depending on your computer's operating system).
- You will now be in a Breakout Room, likely with a smaller group of your classmates.
- If you chose Later rather than Join, you will need to click the Breakout Rooms button at the bottom of your Zoom window to get back to the invitation window.
- Now click Join Breakout Room.
Asking for Help:
You can request that your professor or meeting host join your Breakout Room by clicking the Ask for Help button at the bottom of your Zoom window. This will alert the host that you need help and they can join.