Starfish - How to Sync your Google Calendar with your Starfish Calendar (Faculty & Staff)
Explains how to sync your Google Calendar with your Starfish calendar.
Starfish supports Two-Way Calendar Communication via email with most online calendars (e.g., Microsoft Outlook, Google, Entourage). When an appointment is scheduled or updated in Starfish, a calendar invitation email (with iCal attachment) is sent to both parties (the student and the calendar owner) and users can accept or decline in their email client. This two-way communication about Starfish appointments is automatically available and requires no additional integration or installation. However, if you want your external appointments to override your available office hours in Starfish, you will set up the external calendar integration as outlined below. Note: External appointments that pull into Starfish do not show the appointment details to the student. It will just not allow the student to schedule a meeting with you during that time.
1. Login to Starfish
2. Click the three horizontal lines in the top left of the screen to open the menu:
3. Click the down arrow next to your name and select Email Notifications:
4. Select the box next to Read busy times from my external Google calendar:
5. Then click the Click here for further instructions link:
6. Finally, follow the instructions to sync your calendars:
More resources can be found on the Starfish webpage here: http://www.siue.edu/its/starfish/