Starfish - Create a SON Success Plan in Starfish (Faculty & Staff)
Explains how to initiate a School of Nursing Success Plan for a Student in Starfish.
1. Login to Starfish
2. Find the student and open the student's record.
3. Click the Success Plan button:
4. Select Nursing Success Plan from the Plan Type dropdown. Do not submit until the final step.
5. In the Tracking Item section, select the Nursing - SBAR item by clicking the Pencil icon next to it. You will then be able to add details to the tracking item.
6. You can add the details in the Specific Recommendation text area.
Selecting a due date is optional, and it is best practice to associate the item with your course from the drop down options. Click Update Item.
Note: The remaining tracking items should be edited during or after your meeting with a student. You can find directions and best practices for these edits in the Manage a SON Success Plan in Starfish article.
6. Click Submit. Note: The student will receive an email notifying them that a Success Plan has been created. The email also instructs them to schedule a meeting with the creator of the success plan via Starfish.
More resources can be found on the Starfish webpage here: http://www.siue.edu/its/starfish/