Starfish - Manage a SON Success Plan in Starfish (Faculty & Staff)
Explains how to manage a School of Nursing Success Plan for a Student in Starfish.
1. Login to Starfish
2. Find the student and open the student's record.
3. During the meeting with the student, you will pull up the student's record and click the Tracking tab to see the flags you need to manage:
4. Note: Use the paper Academic Improvement (AI) form as a guide when completing the details for each flag. Hover over the Nursing-SBAR item and click Edit:
5. In the Comment section, provide specific examples of student performance, attendance, assignments turned in late, exam grades, or other issues. Enter the Situation, Background, Assessment, and Recommendations:
6. Click Save to exit out of the tracking item.
7. Hover over the Nursing - Student Assessment item and click Edit:
8. In the Comment section, provide details such as study habits, work responsibilities, or behavioral or other issues that may be contributing to poor performance.
9. Click Save to exit out of the tracking item:
10. Hover over the Nursing - Student Goal item and click Edit:
11. In the Comment section, enter the student-provided target percentage grade for the course.
12. Click Save to exit out of the tracking item:
13. Hover over the Nursing - Recommendations item and click Edit:
14. In the Comment section, provide details regarding the faculty's recommendation for the student to improve their performance (i.e. referred to ACCESS).
15. Click Save to exit out of the tracking item:
16. If you wish to refer this student to the Nursing Success Team (Dean, Associate Dean, Advising, etc.), complete the following steps (optional):
17. Hover over the Nursing - Meet With Nursing Success Team item and click Edit:
18. In the Assignee section, select Other Provider then enter the name of the person to whom you want to assign this flag:
19. In the Comment section, provide any details you want to pass on to the assignee. Note: The assignee will have access to all your notes in the tracking items you completed during your meeting with the student so you won't need to enter duplicate information here.
20. Click Save to exit out of the tracking item. Note: Saving this Referral flag generates an email to the student to schedule a meeting with the Assignee via Starfish.
21. To see notes in a success plan, click the plus sign next to a flag to expand the comments:
22. To resolve a task so that it is no longer open/due, hover over the item and select Clear. Note: You should resolve each task after you've entered the comments:
23. Provide a comment if needed (optional) and click Submit:
24. To view only open or resolved tasks/flags for a student, select the proper radio button:
25. To keep track of open Success Plans or students you still need to meet with regarding course performance, be sure to check the Flags I'm Managing section of your Starfish dashboard:
More resources can be found on the Starfish webpage here: http://www.siue.edu/its/starfish/