TechSmith Relay: Add Quiz Questions (All Users)
Why add questions to your video? Quizzing is a way to engage viewers and measure their comprehension of the video.
This document provides an overview on how to add quiz questions to a video in Relay.
- Question choices are multiple choice, true/false, fill in the blank, and free response.
- Questions can be added anywhere in your video.
- Users must answer the question before the video will continue.
- Questions can be graded or ungraded, like a survey.
Add Quiz Questions
1. Log into TechSmith Relay at https://siue.techsmithrelay.com/.
2. Navigate to your video and click on the video.
3. Click on Quizzing in the panel.
4. Play your video and pause it where you would like your first question to appear.
5. Click the Add Questions button.
6. If you wish to have a daily email sent with a summary of respondent and scores, click the cog next to the title of the video.
Check the box "Send nightly email reports to:" Your email will be filled in. If you wish to have the report sent to another email address, replace your SIUE email with your alternative email.
Click the cog again to close the window.
Below is an example of the email that you will receive.
If you wish to stop receiving email, you may return to the Edit Quiz option and uncheck the box.
7. Click the New Add Questions button.
8. A window will pop up confirming that you can't move questions once you click "Add New Questions." Click OK.
9. The question will default to Multiple Choice. If that is the question style, continue. If not, click the drop-down arrow next multiple choice and select the question type.
10. Type in the question. Click the + Choice button to add each answer. If the question is to be graded, check the correct answer. If you want this to be a survey type question to assess viewer's opinions, do not check any answers.
11. To be a learning activity, add feedback. Click the +Feedback button.
12. Add Correct and Incorrect feed back:
Action options are
Continue: video will begin playing again.
Jump to Timeline: Insert the time of the video for the user to review the materials again. This option is best used if the viewer gets the answer wrong.
Go to URL: a new window will open directing the viewer to a new web page. This option is best used for more information on a topic or when the video is completed.
13. Add another question by clicking +Add New Question or click the Save Quiz button at the top of the window.
14. Play or forward the video to the next location and repeat steps 5 - 12.