TechSmith Relay: Edit a Video (All Users)
This document provides an overview on how to edit a video.
TechSmith Relay allows you to remove parts of the video such as a pause in the center, trim the beginning or end, etc.
1. Log into TechSmith Relay at https://siue.techsmithrelay.com/.
2. Navigate to the video and click on the video's thumbnail.
3. Click Edit Video.
4. A window will pop-up. You have to option to Edit a Copy of the video or Edit the Original.
Edit a Copy: Selecting Edit a Copy will make a duplicate of the original video for you to edit. This preserves the original video. The copy will lose the analytics and quiz questions on the copy but will maintain the analytics and quiz questions on the original. Any links to the original video will have to be re-shared and re-linked to this video.
Edit Original: Selecting Edit Original will reopen the video editor on the original video. Any links to this video will remain intact. Any captioning, analytics and quizzes will be lost when you republish the video.
Click the option you want.
5. Play the video or drag the play head (gray bar with numbers) to the start of the cut (green flag).
6.Drag the red flag to the end of the cut.
7. Click the Cut button. A red line will appear on the timeline where the cut took place.
7. View the portion of the video that was edited. If you want to change the edit locations, click on the red line. The original edit will open.
If you want to change the start or end points, click Edit.
If you want to save the edit, click Cancel.
If you want to remove the edit, click Delete. You can also click the "Undo" button to remove the edit.
NOTE: If you click "Restore to Original Video" ALL edits will be deleted.
8. If you want to save your work and edit more later, click the Save & Edit button at the top left corner of the window.
If you are finished editing, you must click Publish or your changes will not take affect.