TechSmith Knowmia (Relay): Embedding Video into Blackboard (Faculty)
This document provides an overview on how to embed a video in TechSmith Knowmia (formerly TechSmith Relay).
Embedding a video allows viewers to watch a video right in Blackboard Content Area.
Embed a Video in Blackboard
From TechSmith Knowmia
2. Navigate to the video and click on the video's thumbnail.
3. Click Share.
4. Click Get Embed Code from menu.
5. If the width of your video is more than 600 px wide, set the width to 800 px. The height will auto adjust itself. A video wider than 600 px will be difficult to view on a mobile device.
6. Click on Copy. This will copy the embed code to your computer's clip board.
7. Click Close.
Return to Blackboard
1. Return to your course in Blackboard and navigate to the Content Area and folder for your videos.
2. From the Build Content menu, click Item.
3. Add a title to the Item.
4. Click on the HTML button in the third row of the Text Menu.
5. A new window will open. Click in the HTML Code view window.
6. Press "Ctrl + C" ("Command + C" on a Mac) or right click your mouse button to paste the HTML code in the box.
7. Click Update at the bottom of the HTML code view window.
8. Click Submit at the bottom of the Create Item page in Blackboard.