TechSmith Knowmia (Relay): Enabling Conversatons (All Users)
This document describes how to create conversations in a video in TechSmith Knowmia (formerly TechSmith Relay).
Conversations in a TechSmith Knowmia video allows students to engage with the videos, fosters dialogue between students, and allows you to clarify content for better student understanding.
1. To enable Conversations, click on the thumbnail of the video.
2. Click on Conversations tab.
3. Click Add Conversation button.
4. Name the conversation and click Create. Note: you can have more than one conversation per video, so name your conversation with a descriptive name.
5. Click on the name of the conversation to enter ...
6. Type in your comment or question in the text box. Click Submit.
7. A marker will appear in the video's timeline...
To jump to that comment in the timeline, click on the timestamp.
If you wish to receive email notifications when students leave a comment, make sure this toggle is on.
You will receive an email for each comment. There is no daily digest of comments available at this time.
Individual email notifications are important when students have questions about content within the video. This will afford you the ability to quickly respond to the student. If you wish to stop receiving email, toggle this switch off.