Blackboard (Students) - Discussion Board: Add an image to your Discussion Post
This document provides an overview of how to add a image to your discussion post.
1. Navigate to your discussion board and click on Create Thread.
2. Enter a title in the Subject box. Make sure that it represents what is in your thread.
3. Click your mouse in the Message box.
4. In the third row of icons, click on the second icon that looks like a picture.
If you do not see three rows of icons, click on the double down-arrows.
5. A new window will open. Click on the Browse My Computer button.
Select the picture from your computer.
6. Once the picture is uploaded, if you see scroll bars like in the image below, you should re-size your picture.
7. Click on the Appearance tab.
8. Make sure that the "Constrain proportions" box is checked.
Change the first Dimensions box to 400 or less. That will be the width of your image, 400 pixels. The height will automatically change.
9. Click Insert at the bottom of the window.
10. Type out the text for your discussion post in the Message box.
11. When you are finished, click Submit at the bottom of the page.