Microsoft Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) - Microsoft Authenticator App
This document provides an overview of installing the Microsoft Authenticator App
Use the Microsoft Authenticator app to receive notifications on your smartphone or tablet to verify your identity when prompted for Multifactor Authentication (MFA).
Step 1. Download and install the Microsoft Authenticator app
Step 2. Add your account to the app
1. On your desktop, visit https://aka.ms/mysecurityinfo
2. Select Add Method > Authenticator app
3. Follow the wizard experience to setup the app
Scan the QR Code in the app and test the push notification flow as part of this experience. For more information, see this guidance
Step 3. Change default sign-in settings to the Authenticator app
1. Visit https://aka.ms/mysecurityinfo
2. Select Default sign-in method > Change> Authenticator – notification option.
Congratulations! You are now setup with the Microsoft Authenticator app and can receive push notifications for multifactor authentication verification.