Blackboard (Faculty) - Known Issue: Math Formulas Appear Distorted
This document provides an overview of the known issue about the math formulas appearing distorted.
The Math Editor is displaying formulas with symbols overlapping each other and making the formulas hard to read, affecting both Students and Instructors.
- Create a new formula using a font size 16px or lower and save.
- Open a currently corrupted MathType formula, adjust the Font Size in the MathType editor to 16px or lower and save.
1. From the Control Panel, click on Course Tools >>> Test, Surveys, and Pools >>> Tests.
2. Navigate to your Test. Click on the drop down arrow next to the test's name and select Edit.
3. Navigate to the question. Click on the drop down arrow next to the question's name and select Edit.
Calculated Formula Question
4. Add 4 or 5 spaces before and after the formula in the Answer Formula box.
5. Click Next...Next....Submit on the following pages.
Multiple Choice or Other Question Type with a Text Box Editor
4. Click on the square root symbol to open the MathType equation editor.
5. From the "Size" dropdown box, select a font 16px or smaller.
6. Click OK at the bottom of the box.
7. Click Submit at the bottom of the page.
Once either of these changes have been made, the corrupt formula should be corrected and new formulas should no longer be corrupted.