YuJa: Implementation Timeline and FAQ
This article contains information on the YuJa implementation occurring during the SP22 and SU22 semesters. YuJa replaces TechSmith Knowmia (formerly known as TechSmith Relay), SIUE's video storage and management solution.
YuJa is currently being implemented at SIUE. The product has a similar look and feel to Knowmia with many more capabilities in video capturing, editing, and searchability within video content.
- Sign into YuJa to create your account. Without a YuJa account, your videos will be placed in a holding folder and will have to be manually transferred to your account at a later date. This manual transfer may not occur until late summer. You will then have to manually re-link the videos.
- Videos in Knowmia are being packaged and will be transferred to YuJa. We don’t know how long that will take. Your Knowmia videos will appear in YuJa by the end of May.
- Any new Zoom Cloud recordings will automatically be uploaded to YuJa. Uploads can take up to an hour to appear in YuJa.
Self-paced YuJa Introductory training is available at https://www.siue.edu/its/training/YuJa/Intro/#/. Intermediate and Advanced training will be available soon.
- Registration for virtual YuJa Introductory training is available at https://bit.ly/3O4H6oO.
Any videos uploaded to Knowmia will have to be manually uploaded to YuJa, and manually linked to Blackboard by the instructor.
Thursday, April 21st
- Virtual YuJa-Introductory training begins. Sign up for future training at https://bit.ly/3O4H6oO.
Month of May
- Videos will be transferred to YuJa accounts.
- YuJa training and resources will be available for students.
Month of June
- YuJa videos will be linked . Any videos linked on webpages will have to be manually linked by the webpage owner.
June 30, 2022
- End of life for SIUE’s Techsmith Knowmia.
July 1, 2022
- Content in TechSmith Knowmia is no longer accessible in SIUE accounts for viewing or download.
Frequently Asked Questions
I haven’t signed into YuJa. Is it too late?
No. Go ahead and sign in. As of April 11, Knowmia is taking a snapshot of all the user libraries. That will be handed over to YuJa to begin the migration within 3-4 weeks. User’s YuJa libraries will begin populating sometime in May. YuJa cannot populate a user’s library, nor link the videos to the user’s Blackboard courses if the user has not signed in to create the account first.
I don’t see any videos in YuJa.
As of April 11, Knowmia is taking a snapshot of all the user libraries. That will be handed over to YuJa to begin the migration within 3-4 weeks. User’s YuJa libraries will begin populating sometime in May. Be sure you have signed to YuJa or your library cannot be populated.
Can I still access my videos in Knowmia?
Yes. Knowmia videos can be accessed until June 30, 2022.
Can I bring my own videos over from Knowmia to YuJa?
Yes. See the Knowledge Base Article: https://kb.siue.edu/118006 for instructions.
When will training be available?
Registration for virtual YuJa-Introductory training is available at: https://bit.ly/3O4H6oO. -paced training is available at: https://www.siue.edu/its/training/YuJa/Intro/#/.
What is my YuJa ID and why is it different from my e-ID. Which one do I use to sign in?
The YuJa ID is created when you sign in as a unique ID within their system. You will continue to use your SIUE e-ID and password to sign into YuJa.
Where are my Zoom Recordings?
Zoom Cloud recordings are now being automatically uploaded to YuJa. However, the upload from the Zoom Cloud to YuJa can take up to an hour.