YuJa (All Users) - Implementation Timeline and FAQ
This article contains information on the YuJa implementation occurring during the SP22, SU22, and FA22 semesters. YuJa replaces TechSmith Knowmia (formerly known as TechSmith Relay), SIUE's video storage and management solution.
YuJa has been implemented at SIUE as a replacement for TechSmith Knomiwa. The product has a similar look and feel to Knowmia with many more capabilities in video capturing, editing, and searchability within video content.
As of August 16, 2022
- If you have not done so yet, sign into YuJa to create your account. Without a YuJa account, your videos will be placed in a holding folder and will have to be manually transferred to your account at a later date. This manual transfer will not occur until September or October. You will then have to manually re-link the videos.
- Any new Zoom Cloud recordings are automatically uploaded to YuJa. Uploads can take up to an hour to appear in YuJa.
- All Knowmia media that was recorded or uploaded before April 11, 2022, has been migrated to SIUE's institutional YuJa account but is not yet visible to SIUE users in their individual folders.
- Self-paced YuJa training is available at:
- For one-on-one virtual training, please complete the consultation request form.
- Since April 11, 2022, any videos uploaded to Knowmia will have to be manually uploaded to YuJa by the video owner, and manually linked in Blackboard by the instructor.
Months of August and September
- Videos in Knowmia have been packaged and will be transferred to YuJa. As of September 1, Knowmia videos are in YuJa for all users who have logged into YuJa to create their account. Videos cannot be transferred for users who have not logged into YuJa.
- As of September 2, the quizzes attached to Knowmia videos have been imported into YuJa. Quizzes are available in users' YuJa libraries, in the corresponding video's Media Panel. Quizzes cannot be imported for users who have not logged into YuJa.
- The Knowmia videos linked as web links or embedded in the content areas using embed code in FA2022, SP2022, and SU2022 shells will be automatically relinked with corresponding YuJa URLs. Relinking will not include videos linked using the Knowmia LTI. (The LTI allows for quizzes to be graded or viewing percentage graded in Blackboard and has a special icon.)
- Any Knowmia videos linked on webpages will have to be manually relinked to YuJa videos by the webpage owner.
September 30, 2022
- End of life for SIUE’s TechSmith Knowmia.
October 1, 2022
- Content in TechSmith Knowmia is no longer accessible in SIUE accounts for viewing or download.
Frequently Asked Questions
I haven’t signed into YuJa. Is it too late?
No. Go ahead and sign in. Send a request to email@example.com to have your videos migrated.
Can I still access my videos in Knowmia?
No. Send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org to have your videos migrated.
When will training be available?
Self-paced training is available at: https://www.siue.edu/its/training/YuJa/Intro/#/, https://www.siue.edu/its/training/YuJa/Intermediate/#/, and https://www.siue.edu/its/training/YuJa/Advanced/#/. For one-on-one training, please complete the consultation request form.
What is my YuJa ID and why is it different from my e-ID. Which one do I use to sign in?
The YuJa ID is created when you sign in as a unique ID within their system. You will continue to use your SIUE e-ID and password to sign into YuJa.
Where are my Zoom Recordings?
Zoom Cloud recordings are now being automatically uploaded to YuJa. However, the upload from the Zoom Cloud to YuJa can take up to an hour.
I had YouTube videos in Knowmia that did not migrate. What do I do?
YouTube videos were not part of the migration. Follow these instructions for linking/embedding a video in YuJa from an external site.