YuJa - (All Users): Change Owners of a Media File
This article walks you through how to change the ownership of a media file to another user.
If you wish to give a media file to another user, changing owners is the option. Changing owners of a media file will completely remove the media file from your Media Library and move it to the new owner's Media Library. Changing Owners is not the same as sharing a media file. If you wish to retain the media file in your Media Library but allow someone else to have access to the media file and analytics, see the Share Access to a YuJa Video knowledge base article.
- If you think you may want a copy of this media file for the future, make a copy of the media. If you know that you will never need this media again, use the original media and skip to Step 5 below.
To make a copy of the video, navigate to your media thumbnail. Hover your mouse over the thumbnail and click Edit.
- Click the Save button at the top of the screen.
- Rename the title if necessary. Click Save as New Video button.
- Wait while the video is being processed. Once it is processed, you will see a thumbnail of the video.
- From the copied video (or original video), hover your mouse over the thumbnail and select More from the menu.
- From the General tab, click on the Change Owner button next to your name.
- From the drop-down list, select the new owner's name. Click Save.
The video will disappear from your Media Library.