Microsoft Outlook: How to clear a full OST
This document provides instructions on clearing a full OST when users receive an error about being full.
1. Go to "File" in the upper left corner
2. Choose "Account settings" and then choose "Account Settings" again in the drop down menu
3. Select your eID and click "Change"
4. Here is where you can set how much data is stored locally. This will likely need to be a lower number. *the recommended time would be 3-6 months*
5. After changing the downloaded email settings, click on "More settings"
6. Click "Advanced"
7. Uncheck the box for "Download Shared Folders" and then click "OK"
8. Click "Next", and on the following page click Done.
9. Click "Close"
10. Close Outlook and wait 1 minute.
11. Through file explorer, go to C:\Users\*your eID*\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook
11a. From here you will see 2 Outlook Data files with your eID, delete them both
14. Open Outlook. *Outlook will run slow for a while, about 2 hours depending on how much Outlook has to download again*
Note: The files deleted in step 11a were emails saved on your computer, these are backup emails from the server. This is only to speed up the processing of your emails, since its on your computer it will be faster then trying to pull it from the server all the time. It will re-sync them with the server and download only those for the time frame you set in Step #4.