YuJa (Faculty) - Adding a Quiz to a YuJa Video
This article walks you through how to add quiz questions to a YuJa video.
Why add questions to your video? Quizzing is a way to engage viewers and measure their comprehension of the video.
- Question choices are multiple choice, select multiple (multiple answers), short answer, true/false, reflective pause (not graded) and decision point.
- Questions can be added anywhere in your video, but cannot be stacked. If you wish to have more than one question in one location, you must advance the video no less than 1 second and add the question there.
- Users can skip a question but must go back and answer all questions before they submit the quiz for grading.
- Multiple Choice - choose one answer from the answer options.
- Select Multiple - choose more than one answer from the answer options.
- Short Answer - type in a short response to a question.
- True/False - select between an answer of true or false
- Reflective Pause - a question that allows the user to pause and think. Reflective Pause questions do not require input from user and are not graded.
- Decision Point - choose one option from several possible options. Useful for gauging student understanding and decision making.
Create the Quiz
- Navigate to the video. Hover your mouse over the thumbnail and click More from the menu.
- When the window pops up, click on Quizzes.
- Click on the Create Video Quiz button.
- Click on the Add Question button. A menu will pop up. Select the type of question. The following directions will be for Multiple Choice question.
- All points default to 1 point. Change that if you wish for more points. Enter the question in the text box.
- Enter a hint for the answer in the Hint box or leave blank for no hint. Enter the answers and click the radio button for the correct answer. If you need more answers, click the Add Option box. Click the Save button when you are finished.
- This is an example of a Reflective Pause. Note there is not point value. This question is intended to have the students stop and think about something in the video.
- The Question List will display the questions and the time location on the video. Click the Preview button to see how the questions are displayed. Click the Save button when all questions and edits are complete.
Deploy a YuJa Video Quiz in Blackboard
Click the below to expand the menus for directions.
- Deploy a YuJa Video Quiz in Blackboard