YuJa - (All Users): Recover a Video That Failed to Upload
This document provides an overview of how to recover your video recording from temporary files, run through Handbrake and upload to YuJa.
If your YuJa upload failed and the video cannot be found in your media folder or course channel, you can check in the local storage folder on your computer. A copy of the file may have been saved there temporarily - before the upload was attempted. To locate that folder, first you need to find your specific local file path in YuJa's settings.
Find the Video
- From your desktop, open the application and click (in the upper-right corner).
- In the settings pop-up window, click the tab, and the local file paths will be displayed under and . You can change these to different locations, and also change how long copies of these files are maintained on your computer.
- Open Windows Explorer on a Windows machine or the Finder on a Mac and navigate to the folders listed in the paths above to check for your video files. You may see several .uploaded files. You will have to check each of these to see which one is the correct video.
Run through Handbrake
- Download Handbrake from this site: https://handbrake.fr/downloads.php.
- Open the Handbrake software.
- Drag and drop the file as directed.
- Ensure the output is MP4.
- Run the encoder.