Outlook 2013 - Importing Contacts / Address Book(s)
You can use Outlook 2013 to bring contacts from other email accounts (or address books) into your Office 365 account.
Important: If you use Outlook Web App and Outlook 2013 to connect to your Office 365 account, you will only need to import these contacts once using any of these clients. Once imported, they will be available to you in the other clients.
- Export the contacts from your other email account to a .csv file. Note where you save the .csv file.
- Start Outlook.
- Click the File tab.
- Click Open & Export.
- Click Import/Export.
- Click Import from another program or file, and then click Next.
- Under Select the file type to import, click Comma separated values, and then click Next.
- The most common is Comma Separated Values (Windows), also known as a CSV file. If you are importing contacts that were exported from Outlook to an Outlook Data File (.pst), click Outlook Data File (.pst).
- Under File to import, click Browse, select the file that you want to import, and then click OK.
- In the Import a File dialog box, under Options, click one of the following:
- Replace duplicates with items imported If an Outlook contact already exists, it is replaced by the information that you are importing.
- Allow duplicates to be created If an Outlook contact exists, the imported contact is created as a second contact.
- Do not import duplicate items If an Outlook contact exists, the information for the imported contact is not imported.
- Click Next.
- In the Import a File dialog box, under Select destination folder, click a folder for the imported contacts, and then click Next.
- This usually is the Contacts folder unless you have multiple accounts, or have created multiple contact folders for an account.
- If your contacts were exported from Outlook, click Finish.
For assistance with exporting from your email client, please click here.