Outlook 2013 - Exporting your Contacts / Address Book(s)
This document provides an overview of how to export your Contacts/Address Book from Outlook 2013. The exported file can then be imported into another client.
Important: For those who use contact groups, please be aware that the individual contacts of your address book will be included in the export but your contact groups will not. If you use contact groups, please make a note of them prior to migrating so that you can more easily re-create them in Office 365.
- In Outlook 2013 click File > Open & Export > Import/Export. This starts the Import/Export wizard.
- In the Import and Export Wizard, choose Export to a file, then click Next.
- Under Create a file of type, select Comma Separated Values, then click Next.
- Under Select the folder to export from: select the Contacts folder you want to export, then click Next.
- Under Save exported file as: click Browse, and select the location you want to save the file for future use.
- Type a descriptive name in the File name: box (e.g., backup), then click OK.
- In the Export to a File window, click Finish and you are done.
- You also have the option to select which information should and should not be included in this file by clicking on Map Custom Fields
- From here you can simply drag and drop values in the appropriate field. When you are finished click OK.
- When the Import and Export Progress box disappears, your export is complete.
For assistance with importing from your email client, please click here.