Thunderbird - Importing Local Calendar
This document provides an overview of a range of functions and behavior when interacting with Office 365 using the Lightning add-on for Mozilla Thunderbird, with Exchange Calendar and Tasks Add-On as the Exchange Provider. The functionality examined below pertains only to Calendar, Tasks, and Contacts. This add-on provides no Exchange email capability.
Testing Configuration and Versions:
The version of Exchange Calendar and Tasks Add-on for Lightning tested is 3.3.0. It was tested on Windows 7 SP1 running Mozilla Thunderbird 31.3.0 and Lightning 3.3.1. Mileage may vary with disparate releases or systems.
This extension is not maintained by Mozilla. It is a third-party extension that provides Calendar, Tasks, and Contacts for the Lightning calendar add-on for Mozilla Thunderbird using EWS (Exchange Web Services) as the provider. Updates to the add-on are likely to add, remove, change, or break functionality. The information given below is for reference; it is not intended to provide any guarantee of functional level.
Installing the Add-on:
- Install the latest version of Mozilla Thunderbird.
- Install the latest version of the Lightning add-on.
- Download the latest version of the Exchange Calendar and Tasks Add-on. * Latest version 3.3.1: Ericsson/exchangecalendar
- In Thunderbird, click on Tools | Add-ons
- Click on the Gear icon (next to "Search all add-ons") and select Install Add-on From File...
- Browse to the downloaded add-on in the previous step
- Click Install to verify that you understand that you are trusting the add-on from a non-verified author
- Click Restart Now to restart Thunderbird and finish installation of the add-on
- Launch Thunderbird
- Click on File | New | Calendar
For assistance with exporting from your email client, please click here.