Apple Mail - Import Contacts in Apple Mail
This document provides an overview of how to import contacts into Apple Mail from a comma separated value (CSV) file.
- When importing a comma separated value (CSV) file you must first ensure that it is formatted correctly. You can do this by opening the file in a text editor such as TextEdit or Notepad.
- Remove any line breaks within a contact's information.
- Make sure that fields in a CSV file are separated by a comma, instead of by another character. Don't include spaces before or after commas.
- Make sure all addresses have the same number of fields. Add empty fields as needed.
- Go to Contacts.
- Choose File >Import, select the file.
- Click Open.
- Review the field labels. If the first card contains headers, make sure the headers are correctly labeled or marked “Do not import.” Any changes you make to this card are made to all cards in the file. To not import the headers card, select “Ignore first card.”
- To change a label, click the arrows next to the label and choose a new label. If you don’t want to import a field, choose “Do not import.”