Office365 - Configure Office 365 Account - Thunderbird
This document provides an overview for setting up an Office 365 account in Thunderbird.
Thunderbird - Configure Office 365 Account
To configure your Office 365 email account in Thunderbird follow these steps:
Note: At this time, Thunderbird cannot connect to your Office 365 account using the exchange protocol. These instructions will instead configure Thunderbird via IMAP protocol. Which means you will only have access to your mail.
- Launch Thunderbird. Click on the Display the Thunderbird Menu button.
- Select Options | Account Settings | Account Actions | Add Mail Account.
- On the Mail Account Setup window, enter the following for each field:
- Your name: Your name as you'd like it to appear
- Your SIUE Email Address
- Password: Enter your e-ID Password
- Click Continue
- Thunderbird should automatically discover and fill in the server settings necessary for your account seen below:
- Click Done to confirm the creation of your account. This should take you to "Account Settings" screen.
If you see your newly configured account in the left-hand column you can simply press the X in the top right of the window.
- Setup is complete. Email data will take some time to sync.
- If you have any issues with this process you can call the ITS Help Desk at (618) 650-5500 or by emailing