Blackboard (Faculty) - Grade Center: Total Column
This document provides an overview of a Totals Column in the Grade Center.
The Totals Column is included in your Grade Center by default in all new courses. It is set to display all columns in the Grade Center within its calculation.
Edit a Total Column
- To edit a Total Column, click on the menu drop-down button, then click on Edit Column Information from the expanded menu.
- From the Select Columns section, "All Grade Columns" is defaulted. If you do not want to include all columns, click the Selected Columns and Categories button.
- Highlight the columns to be included in the Total column. To select more than one column, hold the CTRL key down while clicking on the column's name.
- Click the right arrow to move the columns to the "Selected Columns" box.
- Highlight the categories to be included in the Total column. To select
more than one column, hold the CTRL key down while clicking on the categories' name.
- Click the right arrow to move the categories to the "Selected Columns" box.
- "Calculate as Running Total" button should remain as Yes. As a reminder, you need to place a zero (0) in the cells for assignments that are not submitted or the grade will not calculate correctly.
- Click Submit at the bottom of the page.