Blackboard (Faculty) - Grade Center: Smart Views
This document provides an overview of the Smart View feature in the Grade Center.
A Smart View is a focused look at the Grade Center. It shows only the columns that match a set of criteria, and the view is saved for continued use. When the Grade Center includes a great number of students and columns, you can use smart views to quickly find data.
You can create five types of smart views in the Grade Center:
- Course Group: Subsections of students. You must create course groups before you can use them as selection criteria.
- Performance: Student performance on a single item, such as a test.
- User: Individual students.
- Category and Status: Based on a category, user or users, and grade status. For example, you can select the Blog category, one or more users or groups, and a status, such as Completed.
- Custom: A query for selecting students using a combination of attributes.
Location of Smart ViewsThe Smart Views are located by clicking on the Grade Center link in the Control Panel.
Assignments and Tests are the Smart Views by default.
Create A Smart View
- To create a Smart View, click on the Full Grade Center.
- Click on Manage in the tool bar, then click on Smart View.
- Click on Create Smart View in the tool bar.
- Type in a name and option description.
- In the Select Criteria section, select the requirements.
For example, if you want to know who who is at-risk in your course, set up a Smart View using the following criteria:
- Click Submit.
- Only the students that meet the criteria will appear.
Add Smart View to Control Panel
- To have this Smart View appear in the Control Panel, click the "Add as Favorite" star.
- Click OK at the bottom of the page to return to the full Grade Center.
- This is how the Smart View will appear in the Control Panel.