Blackboard (Faculty) - OneDrive: Link a File or Folder from OneDrive in Your Course
This document provides an overview of how to link a file or folder from OneDrive.
Copy the Link from OneDrive
- Log into your OneDrive account at office365.siue.edu.
- Click the Apps button in the upper left-hand corner of the screen.
- Click OneDrive.
- Place a check mark in front of the file or folder you wish to share.
- Click the More icon. Then Get a link.
- Choose Edit link or View link from the drop-down menu. The Edit link is the option you would choose if you want to set up a collaborative space/if you want people to make changes to your material. The View link is the option you would choose if you only wanted people to see your content, but not make changes to it.
- Click into the link text box to highlight
- Copy the link text (Press Ctrl+C or Cmd+C on your keyboard; or right-click with your mouse and select "Copy" from the drop-down menu).
- Click Close.
Paste the Link in Blackboard
- Log into Blackboard and enter the course.
- Go to the content area where you want to link the file or folder (ex: "Coursework" or "Week 1 Folder").
- Click Build Content on the toolbar.
- Click Web Link from the drop-down menu.
- Paste the hyperlink copied from OneDrive into the "URL" box. (Press Ctrl+V or Cmd+V on your keyboard; or right-click with your mouse and select "Paste" from the drop-down menu).
- Type a name for the link into the "Name" box.
- Add a description and other information in the "Description" box (optional)
- Click Submit.