Blackboard (Faculty) - OneDrive: Link a File or Folder from OneDrive in Your Course
This document provides an overview of how to link a file or folder from OneDrive.
Copy the Link from OneDrive
- Log into your OneDrive account at office365.siue.edu.
Click the waffle menu in the upper left corner of the screen.
Click One Drive. Navigate to My files if necessary.
Place a checkmark in front of the file or folder you want to share.
- Click the Share button near the top of the screen or to the right of the filename.
- Notice the default sharing permissions are set to View. To set up a collaborative space or allow others to make changes, click either of the 'People you specify can view' links to change the settings.
- Change the radio button to People in Southern Ill... Edwardsville.
- Change options in the More Settings area if you want users to view or edit. Remember if you want to collaborate and have other users edit the files or be able to add files to the folder, you must set to 'Can edit'.
- Click Apply.
- Click Copy.
Paste the Link in Blackboard
- Log into Blackboard and enter the course.
- Go to the content area where you want to link the file or folder (ex: "Coursework" or "Week 1 Folder").
- Click Build Content on the toolbar.
- Click Web Link from the drop-down menu.
- Paste the hyperlink copied from OneDrive into the "URL" box. (Press Ctrl+V or Cmd+V on your keyboard; or right-click with your mouse and select "Paste" from the drop-down menu).
- Type a name for the link into the "Name" box.
- Add a description and other information in the "Description" box (optional)
- Click Submit.