Blackboard (Faculty) - OneDrive: Link a File or Folder from OneDrive in Your Course
This document provides an overview of how to link a file or folder from OneDrive.
Copy the Link from OneDrive
- Log into your OneDrive account at office365.siue.edu.
- Click the Apps button in the upper left-hand corner of the screen.
- Click OneDrive.
- Place a check mark in front of the file or folder you wish to share.
- Click the Copy Link button near the top of the screen.
- Notice the default sharing permissions are set to View. You would choose the Edit option if you want to set up a collaborative space or if you want people to make changes to your material.
- If you want people to edit the content, click the drop-down menu where it says, "People in Southern Illinois University Edwardsville with the link can view."
- Check the box next to Allow editing.
- Click Apply.
- With the appropriate permissions selected, click Copy.
Paste the Link in Blackboard
- Log into Blackboard and enter the course.
- Go to the content area where you want to link the file or folder (ex: "Coursework" or "Week 1 Folder").
- Click Build Content on the toolbar.
- Click Web Link from the drop-down menu.
- Paste the hyperlink copied from OneDrive into the "URL" box. (Press Ctrl+V or Cmd+V on your keyboard; or right-click with your mouse and select "Paste" from the drop-down menu).
- Type a name for the link into the "Name" box.
- Add a description and other information in the "Description" box (optional)
- Click Submit.