Blackboard - User Roles in a Blackboard Course
This document provides an overview of the roles a user can have in a Blackboard course.
- Instructor – has access to all areas of the course; can add, edit, remove content
- Teaching Assistant (TA) – has access to all areas of the course with the exception of those that have been made unavailable by the instructor
- Student – do not have access to the Control Panel or any content editing tools; can view content and interact with other students as designed by the instructor or TA; can see personal grades/scores/achievements, but not other students’
- Course Builder – has access to most areas of the Control Panel with the exception of student grades
- Grader – has access similar to the instructor, but cannot add or edit content. Primarily used for individuals who need to grade or have access to evaluative components, such as the discussion board or tests. They cannot access the course if it has been made unavailable to students