Set up a OneDrive file or folder for collaboration (Faculty & Students)
This document provides an overview of how to set up a OneDrive file or folder where multiple people can collaborate.
- Log into your OneDrive account at office365.siue.edu.
- Click the Apps button in the upper left-hand corner of the screen.
- Click OneDrive.
- Place a check mark in front of the file or folder you wish to share.
- Click the Share button near the top of the screen.
- Notice the default sharing permissions are set to Edit. You would leave the Edit option if you want to set up a collaborative space or if you want people to make changes to your material.
- Sharing Option 1: Get a Link
- With the Edit permissions set, click Copy Link in the Share window.
- The link will generate. Click Copy.
- Paste the hyperlink into an email/Blackboard announcement/etc. to share with invitees.
Sharing Option 2: Send an Invitation and Personal Message
- With the Edit permissions set, type in the email address(es) of the invitee(s). Type in an optional message.
- Click Send.
- Once you share the file or folder, your invitees will have the ability to view and make edits to them. You will see collaborators in the document as they are editing.