Blackboard (Students) - Assignments: Submit an Assignment
1. Go to the course area where the assignment link is located (i.e.: "Coursework")
This document provides an overview of how to submit an assignment in Blackboard.
2. Click on the title of the assignment.
3. From the Upload Assignment page, read over the instructions and download any files provided by your instructor. Follow your professor's instructions to determine which way to submit your assignment, including how to name your file attachment, if applicable. If you select the wrong file, you can remove it by clicking Do Not Attach. If a file with the same name is attached to your assignment more than once, the new file is saved with a number at the end of the name (ex: my_assignment(1).doc). To submit the assignment:
- Click Write Submission to type your submission directly into the text box.
- In the assignment submission area, use one of the following methods to upload a file:
- drag and drop the file in the dotted area
- click the Browse My Computer button and locate the file on your computer. Hold down the CTRL/CMD key to select multiple files.
- click the Browse Content Collection button if you have already uploaded the file to this area
- click the Browse Cloud Storage and locate the file on your OneDrive for Business account (Note: this may require an additional login)
5. Click Submit. A purple bar will appear letting you know your assignment has submitted. Note: A gray box may appear letting you know the file is being converted. You will need to refresh your browser or click OK and go back into the assignment to preview your file.
Additionally, you will receive a confirmation email in your SIUE account with the confirmation number. It is advised to copy and save the number at the time of submission.
The confirmation number can also be found under My Grades. Follow these instructions to locate the confirmation under submission receipts.