Blackboard (All Users) - Change Display of My Courses Area
This document describes how to adjust what you see in Blackboard's myCourses module.
Grouping Courses by Term/Semester
- Click the Settings icon at the top-right corner of the My Courses module (the settings icon looks like a cog).
- To group together courses by semester, check the Group by Term box. This will place each semester together.
- Click the "Select All/Unselect All" to see all or none of the options. Click on the individual options to add or remove for individual courses.
- To adjust which semester you see first in the My Courses list, click the Reorder button. It is the button with up/down arrows located beneath the Group by Term box.
- After you click this button, a list of semesters will appear. Click on the semester you want to see first and use the upward arrow below to move the semester to the top of the list. Continue to click the semester names and move them to the desired location in the list.
Tip: Semesters ending in "15" are Spring. Semesters ending in "25" are Summer. Semesters ending in "35" are Fall.
- Click Submit.
- Click Submit again at the bottom of the page to save all of your changes.
Hiding/Showing Individual Courses
- To hide or show a course in the My Courses area, click the Settings icon.
- Scroll down to your list of courses.
- Identify the course(s) you want to hide or show.
- To Hide the course, click the check box next to the courses name twice, unselecting all options in the row.
- To Show the course, click the check box next to the courses name once, selecting all options in the row.
- Click Submit at the bottom of the page to save your changes.
* Note: Hiding a course from My Courses DOES NOT delete it from Blackboard. You can edit the display anytime to un-hide the course.
Moving the My Courses Module in Blackboard
- Hover your mouse over the module title until the mouse pointer is replaced with the 4-point directional icon appear.
- Drag and drop the module to the location you wish to move it.
Remember - any changes you make to the MyBlackboard page only affect your MyBlackboard page. Every user can customize this page.