Blackboard (Faculty & Students) - Change Display of myCourses Area
This document describes how to adjust what you see in Blackboard's myCourses module.
Grouping Courses by Term/Semester
- Click the Settings icon at the top-right corner of the My Courses module (the settings icon looks like a cog).
- To group together courses by semester, check the Group by Term box. This will place all Spring 2016 courses together, all Fall 2017 courses together, etc.
- To adjust which semester you see first in the My Courses list, click the Reorder button. It is the button with up/down arrows located beneath the Group by Term box.
- After you click this button, a list of semesters will appear. Click on the semester you want to see first and use the upward arrow below to move the semester to the top of the list. Continue to click the semester names and move them to the desired location in the list.
- Tip: Semesters ending in "15" are Spring. Semesters ending in "25" are Summer. Semesters ending in "35" are Fall.
- Click Submit.
- Click Submit again at the bottom of the page to save all of your changes.
- To hide or show a course in the My Courses area, click the Settings icon.
- Scroll down to your list of courses.
- Find the course(s) you want to hide or show.
- To Hide the course, click the check box next to the courses name twice, unselecting all options in the row.
- To Show the course, click the check box next to the courses name once, selecting all options in the row.
- Click Submit at the bottom of the page to save your changes.
* Note: Hiding a course from My Courses DOES NOT delete it from Blackboard. You can edit the display anytime to unhide the course.
- Hover over the module title until you see the 4-point directional icon appear.
- Drag and drop the module to the location you wish to move it.