ITS Networking - Eduroam - iOS Mobile Devices
Guidelines to establishing an eduroam connection to an Apple product.
- Connect to Welcome to SIUE wifi on device.
- Open Safari.
- Click on Configure Your Device to use eduroam.
- A page displaying your operating system will open and prompt user to enter Username and Password.
For Apple devices the Username field must contain the full email address of the user. After entered, choose Join Now.
- Install Profile page will open. Choose Install.
- Enter preset security code for your device (if prompted).
- A warning page will appear regarding the trusted certificate installation. Choose Install. The profile will then be installed on your device.
- Choose Done.
- A screen will then appear with directions to connect to eduroam after configuring the device.
Directions list: Go to home screen of your iOS device (press the "Home" button).
Tap the "Settings" icon.
Make sure WiFi is turned "On"
Select the "eduroam" network from the list of available networks
When you have successfully connected, a small check mark will appear next to the "eduroam" network.