Blackboard (Faculty) - Announcements: Create an Announcement
Announcements are the default home page for your Blackboard course.
This document provides an overview of how to create an announcement.
Create an Announcement
- From the Announcement page, click on Create Announcement button.
- Give the announcement a short title.
- Give the announcement a message. If you wish to add a picture, make sure that the picture is not too large as it will make the announcement box larger than the window causing students to have to scroll to see the rest of the message.
- Web Announcement Options:
Duration: To select a permanent announcement, select "Not Date Restricted" radio button.
To set a temporary announcement, select "Date Restriction" radio button and set the Display After and Display Until date and time.
Email Announcement: Check the box to send an email of this announcement.
- Course Link:
Click the Browse button and select the Tool, Content Area, or Assessment that corresponds with this announcement.
- Click Submit at the bottom of the page.