Blackboard (Faculty) - Announcements: Create an Announcement
This document provides an overview of how to create an announcement.
- Click Announcements in the left-hand course menu
- Click the Create Announcement button.
- Give the announcement a short title/subject line.
- Give the announcement a message (note you can add text, images, links to videos, etc.).
- Choose Web Announcement Options:
Duration: To select a permanent announcement, select "Not Date Restricted" radio button.
To set a temporary announcement, select "Date Restriction" radio button and set the Display After and Display Until date and time.
Email Announcement: Check the box to send an email of this announcement.
Course Link: Creates a link to a specific folder or file in your course (e.g. the syllabus)
To create a course link: Click the Browse button and select the course area where you want students to go.
- Click Submit at the bottom of the page after you have chosen your options.