Blackboard (Students) - Download and Open LockDown Browser
LockDown Browser is a custom browser that provides a secure testing environment within Blackboard. Students are locked into the assessment and are unable to print, copy, go to another URL, or access other applications. This document describes how to download LockDown Browser.
- Log into Blackboard.
- From the mySIUE screen, click the LockDown Browser tab.
- Click on the --Download Respondus LockDown Browser-- link.
- On this page, click the Install Now button.
- The install file will download for your operating system (Mac or OS).
- Locate the file on your hard drive (most likely in your Downloads folder) and double-click it to start the LockDown Browser installation wizard.
- You might be prompted by your computer to enter an administrative password in order to finish the install. This username and password would be something you created when setting up your computer.
- Open LockDown Browser afterward to verify that it installed correctly and to get an idea of how the software functions.
- When it is time to take your test, open LockDown Browser, log in to Blackboard, and navigate to the test in your course. Note: You will only be able to take the test through LockDown Browser - not through any other browser, such as Internet Explorer or Chrome.