Blackboard (Faculty) - Require LockDown Browser for an Exam
Note: Respondus (test authoring software) and Respondus LockDown Browser are two very different software programs, both made by the company Respondus.
This document provides an overview of how to set up an exam with LockDown Browser.
- From the Control Panel, click on Course Tools, then click on Respondus LockDown Browser.
- Select the test and click on the drop-down arrow to the left of the test name.
- Click Modify Settings.
- Click the radio button for "Require Respondus LockDown Browser for this exam."
- Put an optional Password in the box. This is the password that your student will need to know to log into Lockdown Browser prior to taking the test.
- Click on Advance Settings. Set any of the additional settings if desired.
- Click the Save and Close button at the bottom of the window.
- LockDown Browser is now required.