Blackboard (Faculty) - Turnitin: New Turnitin Feedback Studio
This document provides an overview of the new features in Turnitin's Feedback Studio.
**As of May 31, 2016**
- New location: Student work is automatically check for similarity to content in Turnitin's database.
Formerly located: You had to select the option for the Originality Report in the assignment's settings, then click the Originality tab in the document viewer.
- New: All tools are available through the icons to the left of the paper. Originality Tools are in Red, GradeMark Tools are in blue.
Formerly: You had to click the Originality/GradMark/PeerMark tab to get to the tools.
- Formerly: Tool icons located at the bottom of the page and corresponded to what tab (Originality or GradeMark) was active.
New: All tool icons located next to the paper.
GradeMark Tool Icons
The QuickMark icon, check mark, is the first in the blue icons. You can drag and drop these common comments onto the paper.
The feedback summary icon, paper and pen, is the second icon in the GradeMark list. Within this tool, you can leave a text comment or a voice recording up to 3 minutes long.
The Rubric icon, stacked blocks, is the third icon in the GradeMark list. If you attached the optional Rubric to the paper, this is the area that you use to grade the paper using the rubric.
Originality Tool Icons
The Match Overview icon, percentage of matched content, is the first icon in the red Originality Tool list. This tools shows all of the matches to the Turnitin database or internet sources.
All Sources icon
The All Sources icon, bar chart with down arrow, lists all the sources that match and its percentage.
The Filter tools, funnel, allows you to quickly change filters and settings without having to go back to the assignment's settings.
The Excluded Sources tool, circle with line through it, allows you to see (and restore) any sources that have been excluded in the assignment's settings.
Download and Submission Icons
New location: Grey icons located under the Originality Icons
Formerly located: Lower left corner of the page.
The Download icon, with the downward arrow, allows you to download the current view of the paper with markup and comments, the digital receipt that shows the date and time of the paper's upload, and the originally submitted file (document type as a Word document, or PDF file).
The Submission Icon, the letter i in a circle, shows you the information pertaining to the submitted file.
- Blackboard (Faculty) - Turnitin Assignments: About Turnitin Feedback Studio
- Blackboard (Faculty) - Turnitin Assignments: Create a Turnitin Assignment
- Blackboard (Faculty) - Turnitin Assignments: Create a Turnitin Revision Assignment
- Blackboard (Faculty) - Turnitin Assignments: Create a Turnitin Rubric
- Blackboard (Faculty) - Turnitin Assignments: Access and Grade Student Submissions
- Blackboard (Faculty) - Turnitin Assignments: Feedback Studio Tools
- Blackboard (Faculty) - Turnitin Assignments: Create A PeerMark Assignment
- Blackboard (Faculty) - Turnitin Assignments: View Student PeerMark Reviews
- Blackboard (Faculty) - Turnitin Assignments: Manually Upload a Paper
- Blackboard (Faculty) - Turnitin: Download Student Papers