Blackboard (Students) - Publisher and Third-Party Content
This document provides an overview of publisher content, such as WebAssign and MyMath Lab, used in Blackboard.
Many academic textbook publishers offer web-based learning materials to accompany their textbooks. Often, these companies ask that institutions do not attempt to provide technical support for their products. As a result, ITS is unable to provide technical support for problems that occur with most publisher content. Please contact your professor if you are having trouble with WebAssign, Pearson's MyMathLab, Cengage NOW, and other publisher material. After contacting your professor, use the list below to find technical support for the third-party product(s) used in your course.
Cengage (MindTap, CengageNOW, etc.)
- Online support site for faculty and students: http://support.cengage.com/MagellanWeb/TechSupport/Login.aspx
- Tutorials and help pages for Cengage products: http://support.cengage.com/magellanweb/TechSupport/AllProducts.aspx
- Phone: 1-800-354-9706
- Tutorials and help pages for students and faculty: http://www.coursewareobjects.com/objects/evolve/E2/book_pages/technical_support/student.php
- Contact information for student/faculty live support: http://help.elsevier.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4755/p/8640/
- Technical support: email@example.com
- General support information: http://help.kanopystreaming.com/hc/en-us/sections/201933807-Using-the-website
- Phone: 1-800-936-6899
- Submit a support request online: http://www.macmillanlearning.com/Catalog/techsupport
- According to technicians, Firefox is the preferred browser.
- Online support site for faculty and students: http://mpss.mhhe.com/
- System requirements and troubleshooting wizard: http://www.mheducation.com/highered/platforms/connect/training-support-educators.html
Pearson (MyMathLab, MyNursingLab, Mastering Chemistry, etc.)
- Online support site for faculty and students: https://support.pearson.com/getsupport/s/contactsupport
- Tutorials and help pages: http://redshelf.zendesk.com/hc/en-us
- Submit a support request online: https://redshelf.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tutorials and help pages: http://www.webassign.net/manual/instructor_guide/index.html
- Submit a support request online: http://webassign.force.com/wakb2/?cu=1&fs=ContactUs&l=en_US
- Phone: 1-800- 955-8275
WileyPlus (Homework Help)
- Tutorials and help pages: https://www.wileyplus.com/WileyCDA/resources-and-support.html
- Live chat: http://bit.ly/2gbJTfI
W.W. Norton (InQuizitive)
- Student help notes: http://wwnorton.knowledgeowl.com/help/inquizitive-students
- Submit support request: https://helpdesk.wwnorton.com/external/helpdeskrequest.aspx?tid=11118
If you encounter a technical issue and are unsure if it is content or Blackboard related, feel free to contact ITS at email@example.com or at 618-650-5500. ITS staff can verify Blackboard functionality and ensure that known system issues are not the cause of the problem.