Upload to Office 365 Video (Faculty & Students)
This document provides an overview of how to create a channel, upload a video to Office 365's Video, and how to share it.
Create a Channel
- Log into SIUE's Office 365 using your SIUE e-ID and password.
- Click on the Microsoft Services icon in the upper left corner to expand the app menu.
- Click on the Video app. (Note: The color of the icon will depend on the color theme you have chosen in the Settings area)
- Click on the Channels link.
- If this is the first time you are uploading a video for a course, click on New Channel. If you have created a personal channel or a channel for a course, skip to Upload Videos below.
- Name the Channel and include your last name in the title. If this is for a course, use the course name in addition to your last name. This will make sharing permissions with your students easier for future semesters and keep course videos separate from videos of other courses. Optionally, choose a color to identify your channel. Click the Create button when complete.
- You will be taken to your channels page.
- Click the Upload videos link.
- Click the Select videos to upload link and search your computer for your video. Alternatively, drag and drop your video on the page.
- Your video should take a few seconds to upload, depending on the size.
- The title of the file will be the title of the video. Optionally, change the title to reflect the subject of the video.
- Optionally, add a description of the video.
When the video is completed, click the Go to video link. Your video must process before it is viewable.
- Processing time varies depending on the size and length of the video. A 30 minute video may take 30 minutes or more to process. It will not be ready immediately.
- While you are waiting for the video to process, you may change the title of the video or add a description if you did not do that before you uploaded the video. Click on the Pencil icon to change the title or the description.
- While this video is processing, you may also download a copy of the video by clicking the Download button.
You may embed the video by clicking on the Embed button. See instructions below to embed the video in Blackboard.
You may also email a link to this video by clicking the Email button.