Blackboard (Faculty) - myContent: Overwrite an Existing File
If you make corrections to a file, such as update a syllabus, you need to overwrite the existing file. If you just upload a new file, the new file does not overwrite the existing file, but creates a copy with a (1) after the file name (syllabus.docx, syllabus(1).docx).
This document provides an overview of how to over write an existing file
- From the myContent, ensure you are in My Content click on the Upload button and select Upload Files.
- If the page defaults to "Upload Multiple Files and Folders" go to the upper right corner of the page and click on Single File.
- Click the Browse button. Search your computer for the file.
- If you are overwriting an existing file, check the box under the Browse button. This will replace the existing file and not create a duplicate file.
- Click the Submit button at the bottom of the page.