Blackboard (Faculty) - Course Cartridge: About Course Cartridges
A course cartridge is software provided from a textbook publisher that can be uploaded into a Blackboard course shell. Course cartridges can contain PowerPoint files, videos, images, tests, and other course materials as well as full units/modules that correspond to the textbook chapters. Faculty have the ability to pick and choose what materials to use within their course shell.
This document provides an overview of course cartridges.
- Contact your publisher or textbook representative and ask for a Cartridge Key for your textbook edition.
- Go to: https://jfe.qualtrics.com/form/SV_4VhVVCqPHB73CXX and fill out the form.
- The Blackboard Administrator will load your course cartridge and contact you when that is complete.
- Any questions can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 618-650-5500. Make sure to include your course and section number in your correspondence.
- Course cartridges cannot be exported from one course shell to another. A new key must be requested for each course for each semester.